We are often asked “How can I or my organization help Good Samaritan Rescue Mission?” In addition to unlimited volunteer opportunities, we encourage you to consider planning a benefit event.
Two Types of Events
- Fundraising Event
- Drive Event (food, hygiene products, paper products, winter apparel, etc)
- Community groups will become aware of the needs and solutions within our own neighborhoods
- Funds will be raised and donated to help underwrite the basic needs of our guests
- Expendable items will be collected to help care for the basic needs of our guests
Who Can Plan An Event
- Someone with a desire to positively impact our community
- Someone who can assemble and work with an event team
- Someone who has ambition and commitment to make the event happen
Success is not always easy to define. Yet after years of event planning in our community, we can narrow the scope to these essential elements:
- Decide if your group will partner with any other group(s) or business(es).
- Determine how you will advertise your drive. Please Note: The use of R3M logos or images for public use must be pre-approved by the R3M development staff or administration.
- Identify a person in your group who is in charge, as well as coordinator(s) or workers under this individual. Be sure coordinators have clearly defined tasks.
- Select a date and determine the duration of the drive. Drives can be as short as one day or as long as one month. Be sure and check community calendars for potential scheduling conflicts.
- Set a goal. This could be pounds of food, etc. or the number of items collected.
- Decide if the drive will be held at once place or at several locations.
- Secure a collection method. Medium sized boxes are ideal as they can be easily transported and wonʼt get too heavy. Consider contacting a local grocery store or retail store and ask them to donate extra boxes.
- Determine how the collected items will get from the collection site to R3M.
- Have fun!! The drive will be a product of what you put into it!!
To Plan an Event
Development Associate, Marlene Mika
Email | Phone: 989.893.5973 ext 221