What is Care Crew?
The Care Crew is a dedicated group of representatives from area churches who share our passion for the homeless and want to engage their congregation in this passion. With over 300 churches in Mid-Michigan, we believe our joint efforts can make a positive impact on the homeless!
We want to develop strong communication and strengthen the bond with our church partners. The Care Crew engages their congregation by:
- Being a Voice – update your church congregation on urgent needs, volunteer opportunities, and news from the rescue mission
- Promoting Events – invite your congregation to our community events. We’ll stock you up with promotional materials.
- Being a Liaison – provide mediation between your church and our Care Crew Director by informing us of opportunities to represent the rescue mission (e.g., church fairs, speaking at events)
- Being a Fundraiser – help coordinate fundraisers and donation drives with your congregation, either alongside or on behalf of the rescue mission
- Being a Brainstormer – attend quarterly meetings (60 minutes max) where we’ll review upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, rescue mission life, and then listen to you report on ways we can be a part of what your church is doing
- Being a Prayer Partner – commit to praying for the rescue mission on behalf of your congregation
Development Associate, Marlene Mika
Email | Phone: 989.893.5973 ext 221