What We Do
The Good Samaritan Rescue Mission is known to be a state of the art emergency shelter for the homeless. Police Departments, helping agencies, and church staff regularly refer people in need to the Rescue Mission with assurance that a caring and professional staff will address their needs.
Other Services Provided:
• Clothing for all clients in need.
• All clients have access to daily showers, personal-hygiene materials, and a safe, clean environment.
• Client referrals to agencies that can assist them in their specific need.
• Mission staff is equipped to address counseling needs.
• Life Skill classes with instructions in areas of money management, nutrition and hygiene.
• Clients are introduced to Bible-based churches of their denominational choice and are encouraged to attend services regularly in an effort to establish community contact and accountability groups.
• Food baskets are distributed twice a month to low-income families from the Bay Area.